Investment in MCW Films is open only to high-net-worth and self certified sophisticated investors. If you are a Qualified Investor and interested in learning more about investing in the MCW Films Ltd,
please select qualify below.
Why Invest in Films?
When approached from a market perspective, the entertainment industry is an interesting asset class that has the potential to vastly outperform other sectors.
Successful films can generate an exponentially higher return on investment compared to most other assets.
- Worldwide film revenues are increasing substantially, with the fastest growth happening in Emerging Markets and in Asia.
- Additional revenue opportunities are resulting from innovations in distribution technologies.
Why Invest in MCW Films, Ltd?
To participate in the thriving creative economy and strong international market for British Films.
- To be part of the excitement of making a prestige film with exclusive updates, tickets to the premiere, film set visits, and an invitation to the wrap party with the stars.
- To receive potentially high rates of return and/or substantial tax benefits. Even moderately successful film productions can generate returns in excess of those found in most other asset classes.
Why Invest through SEIS?
To access generous U.K. tax reliefs providing capital gains deferral and downside protection of up to 86.5% of amounts invested.
The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) is a U.K government initiative designed to reduce risk and promote investment into small businesses by offering a range of attractive tax reliefs. For certain UK investors who pay higher rate income tax, this relief can reduce capital at risk to £875 for each £5,000 invested.
Six different tax reliefs combine to make SEIS qualifying investments attractive within many portfolios:
50% income tax relief.
Tax exemption on half the capital gains invested.
- Unlimited deferral of capital gains.
- Inheritance tax relief after two years while shares held.
- Tax free gains on disposal of profitable investments.
- Loss relief on non-performing investments.
To qualify for SEIS relief, a number of detailed requirements have to be satisfied including the requirement for investments to be made into unlisted small businesses and shares to be held for at least 3 years.
Why Invest Now?
To take advantage of a historical confluence of audience interest in films with female leads across audience types (Suffragette, Jackie, Star Wars, The Hunger Games), an intensification of the perennial interest in the Churchills (Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, Churchill on the five pound note) and a rapid growth in film audiences worldwide, particularly in Asia.
Risk warning: Investing in early-stage businesses involves risks, including illiquidity, lack of dividends, loss of investment and dilution, and it should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio. Syndicate Room is targeted exclusively at sophisticated investors who understand these risks and make their own investment decisions.
Tax relief depends on an individual’s circumstances and may change in the future. In addition, the availability of tax relief depends on the company invested in maintaining its qualifying status.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. You should not rely on any past performance as a guarantee of future investment performance.